Using psychological tricks is a common technique of companies. This could potentially help them encourage their consumer to take action. As a consumer, you may or may not notice these tricks. Unfortunately, this could lead you to be trapped in a shopping battleground.
So, how will you be able to overcome the obstacles in this shopping battle? There are many various ways, but the most effective is being familiar with these obstacles. Here we have outlined these common obstacles, and ways to overcome them.
- Entering the shopping place – The first thing you would notice is the oversized shopping trolleys. It seems there is nothing wrong with that. But it can trick you into thinking that you are buying a few items. Hence, it is better to use a small trolley or basket if you are just about to grab a few.
- Delectable Foods – No one can resist the mouthwatering attention-calling stock of foods on those shelves, especially that fresh-smelling food like bread. Therefore, it is better to keep yourself full before going to the grocery.
- Beat ATM Machine – It is important that before you leave the house, your budget is set. This would help you to avoid overspending once you see the total amount in your bank account.
- End Cap Displays – These are calling your attention. It is better to be wary of these displays and focus on your budget.
- Trapped in Center Aisles – Most shops place nonessential items in center aisles. This allows you to be exposed to those general merchandises and canned goods.
- Shop Layout – Do you ever wonder why layouts are confusing? This is because it encourages you to explore the whole store. So better watch out and just focus on your list.
- Shelf Layout –There is a science behind this layout. The top part is for small and gourmet brands that don’t have the budget for good shelf placement. Mid is for higher-priced items or items with the highest markups. Lastly, the kid’s eye level is for the kid’s appeal. Hence, if possible, leave the kids at home.